Here’s a couple of pics of an antique dining chair we had in a while ago with a damaged leg. The top part of the leg where the joints are was completely destroyed. We clamped it back together from several different angles in order to get all the original pieces of wood to stick back together effectively. Some screws were also used during the gluing up process to make sure that there was plenty of force coming from the front aspect of the chair leg. Once the glue had dried, we removed the clamps from the furniture and removed the screws. The next part of the repair was to fill the voids where the screws had been, then shape them to blend in with the rest of the wood. Finally, we had to ‘touch-in’ the repair to blend in with the old surface of the antique furniture. We used a french polishing technique involving dyes to get the colour looking right and ‘antiqued’ the surface so it didn’t stand out as being newly repaired (see last photo).